Whether you want to boost traffic, improve your visibility, increase your turnover, promote a product or a service…, the best solution? Make paid advertising on Google Adwords. But wouldn’t that be a complex and expensive approach? Not necessarily!
Google Adwords is an advertising platform. The principle is simple! The keywords are auctioned. And it is the advertiser who offers the largest budget that wins. However, this is not enough to appear on the first page. Content and extension can play a crucial role in determining the ranking. In addition, ads can be displayed on different channels:
- advertising on the traditional search network, in Google’s search results,
- advertising on the display network, on Google display network websites and on websites such as YouTube and Gmail,
- advertising on mobiles and tablets,
- and video advertising.
In any case, creating a Google Adwords advertising campaign can bring significant returns on investment for a company.
What are the preliminaries?
Creating a Google Adwords advertising campaign requires a fairly large budget. If you don’t want to throw money out of the window, you need to develop an effective ad and publish at the right time. But how do you do that?
First, you need to set an achievable goal. What will the campaign be used for? Is it to increase your notoriety, generate traffic, increase sales, etc.?
Next, you need to determine a target: men, women, teenagers… That way, you can approach them more easily.
Then do some market research. Can the campaign bring returns? What are the competitors doing?
Finally, you need to define an overall budget and a daily budget.
However, if you want to get the maximum number of clicks, try to set up a mobile-friendly website (mobile version or a responsive design) before the start of the campaign.
Creating a campaign on Google Adwords, how does it work?
Once you have completed the preliminary studies, we will get to the heart of the matter. Before creating a Google Adwords advertising campaign, you must choose keywords according to your field of activity. To do this, you must study the semantic universe in order to identify strategic expressions. Then, make sure that your ad directs readers to a landing page that is linked to the ad and contains interesting and relevant information.
Finally, we will give you all the information you need to know to create a great Google Adwords advertising campaign:
- you need a name for your campaign
- you select the channel and the geographical areas where your ads will be published
- you start with the CPC, the auction strategy. You only pay for the number of clicks you get. Here you have to set a daily budget and determine the duration of the campaign.
- you can make extensions. This could help you to get a better position
- you write your ad including a title (25 characters max. including spaces), a landing page, the URL of the landing page and a description of your promotional message (80 characters max.)
Now, your ad is ready to be published!!! Watch out! Don’t forget to follow up.